When we were prototyping our Belmont machine, artist Tim Brewer noticed that he couldn't get the tension he liked on his needle. This was caused by the open back frame design - it didn't have anywhere for an elastic to catch. We thought on this a minute and then cooked up this idea. Why not create a catch for the elastic. We made it out of fiber board, so you could just replace one of the rear fiber washers. After a bunch of attempts we settled on this design and we feel it works great. The more angle you put on the tab the more tension you can create, so it allows you to dial in the tension. It will work for any frame that has an open back end design. It comes standard on our new Belmont machine and we now have a pack of 4 for a buck.
2 years ago