5.08.2009

Sometimes It's Good To Get Schooled

In life, and especially in business, it's good to get your clock cleaned every now and then by somebody you respect. It keeps you on your toes and helps you to focus when someone else is so on top of their game. When you see something great, it makes you want to produce something great. One of the cats in this business who has done this to me, and for me is Soba. We have known each other for as long as we have both been building machines, in fact I used to make Soba's first coils. We have helped each other out a bunch through the years. The other day I got a gift from Soba that made me remember to get back to work. He had sent me one of his new, unreleased -super limited Zipper aluminum liner machines. It's a nice light weight buzzer that has a super cool lasered graphic on it. But the packaging, to me, was the lesson of the day. Soba has created an amazing piece of art with the box. Custom graphics, hand painted box, lasered, die cut, signed, and numbered, black egg crate foam, the works. Damn. When people put such an effort into the box, you know 10X that went into the product. It shows how much he cares about his machines, his company, his clients, and his rep. It made me a little queasy, now I have to head back to the drawing board and think up something great. It's alright, it's why I show up every day, for the chance to make something great. Thanks Soba, for everything. See for yourself, these are not going to be available long, keep checking in for the release -http://www.workhorseirons.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment